Report a Claim

To report a claim, you can call us at (330)725-4543 or you can call the insurance carrier directly. For your convenience, we have supplied below the website links and phone numbers for our carriers:

I was just involved in an auto accident. What should I do?

  1. Stop at once. Report the accident to the police and call for medical assistance, if needed.
  2. Obtain the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any injured persons, the owners of any damaged property and witnesses.
  3. If another vehicle is involved, obtain the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the driver and owner of the vehicle. Also obtain the make, model, license plate number and insurance company of the vehicle.
  4. Do not admit you were at fault. Do not discuss the accident with anyone except the police, your agent and the insurance company’s claims representatives.
  5. Report the accident as soon as possible by calling Hunter Insurance Agency or by making a direct call to your insurance company using the number noted below.

A new approach to reporting an auto accident

You can also report a claim using the Hunter Insurance Mobile app on your phone. Don’t have our mobile app… please call us for an invitation: (330)725-4543.

Water is pouring through my kitchen ceiling! Who should I call?

If you suspect a broken pipe, the obvious but sometimes overlooked first answer is SHUT OFF THE WATER as quickly as possible. If the escaping water is of such magnitude that you know you’re going to need professional help with remediation (removing the water and drying things out), please call us if you need a contractor recommendation. If water has caused major damage to ceilings, walls, and/or floors and you need the assistance of a trusted and recommended restoration contractor, click here and see the Homeowner Services heading or call us for more information: (330) 725-4543.

When faced with a loss situation, whether involving your home or car, your first response might naturally be to call your insurance agent for advice and direction. Rest assured the agents at Hunter Insurance are ready to assist you in your time of need. In addition to discussing the loss, we can refer you to the needed service contact in the event auto or home repairs are necessary. Even during our business hours, we may also offer you the phone number of the direct claims reporting center for the insurance carrier with whom we have placed your coverage. Increasingly, our carriers are requesting that the policyholder place a direct call to the company to file a loss. Following this procedure expedites the claim process. The company quickly assigns the loss to an adjuster, who in turn will contact you, the policyholder, in a timely manner. For your convenience, company claims contact numbers are listed at the end of this article.

Should I submit the claim at all?

The public is increasingly aware that claims have both a direct and indirect bearing on the premiums they pay. Depending upon the extent of damage or circumstances of the loss, we are frequently asked by our clients if a small claim should be turned in to the insurance carrier. If you find yourself pondering this question, a call to your agent may help you decide the course of action to take.