Westfield Insurance – Wespak
It’s that time of year! Your children are going back to college and they have a lot of stuff to take.
If renting a U-Haul, take this into consideration:
- There is $2000 coverage under a Wespak for non-owned trailers.
- Most of the time, the trailers are valued higher than that limit and need to have the physical damage coverages purchased from the rental facility.
- Any drivable U-Haul vehicle will need to have coverage purchased because they are commercial vehicles not personal ones.
- A box truck is always rated commercially.
Grange Insurance offers these tips to help you prepare your home for the cold months which may help you avoid unnecessary claims:
- Avoid ice dams
- Prevent water damage from bursting pipes
- Keep your sidewalks and driveways clear of ice and snow
- Inspect heating systems and alternative heating sources
- Properly shut down a vacant home
Click Here to learn more.
Top 5 states for deer collisions:
West Virginia, Montana, Iowa, South Dakota, Pennsylvania
States where driver is least likely to strike a deer:
Florida, California, Nevada, Hawaii
Months in which deer collisions are most common:
November (18% of all incidents), October then December
Tips to avoid collisions:
- Be aware of posted deer crossing signs
- Note that deer are most active from 6-9 p.m.
- Use high beam headlights at night
- Avoid distractions like cell phones and eating